This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’re probably already familiar with WOW Air because of its recurring flight deals to Iceland. Skúli Mogensen, the founder and owner of WOW, spends quite a bit of time in the air — and has perfected the art of packing after traveling on about 50 flights per year.
His top packing tip is knowing what you’ll wear in advance and to avoid bringing more options than you need — a tip that we at Team TPG definitely agree with. Packing light can save time, space and money, all of which are vital when traveling. In an interview with The New York Times, Mogensen revealed his philosophy on packing, saying:
I’m a master packer … I will always take just a carry-on. To be efficient, you do not want to have lost luggage. I’m running an airline and unfortunately these things happen. I try to travel as light as possible.
Mogensen also details the items that can always be found in his bag including sports gear, an iPhone, paper books, a Garmin watch and a hiking backpack. Mogensen is an outdoorsman so he packs with outdoor excursions in mind. Similarly, you can customize your must-haves to suit your ideal type of trip.
What are your tips for packing light when you travel? Share in the comments, below.
H/T: New York Times
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards