The Head of WOW Air Shares His Tips for Traveling Light
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’re probably already familiar with WOW Air because of its recurring flight deals to Iceland. Skúli Mogensen, the founder and owner of WOW, spends quite a bit of time in the air — and has perfected the art of packing after traveling on about 50 flights per year.
His top packing tip is knowing what you’ll wear in advance and to avoid bringing more options than you need — a tip that we at Team TPG definitely agree with. Packing light can save time, space and money, all of which are vital when traveling. In an interview with The New York Times, Mogensen revealed his philosophy on packing, saying:
I’m a master packer … I will always take just a carry-on. To be efficient, you do not want to have lost luggage. I’m running an airline and unfortunately these things happen. I try to travel as light as possible.
Mogensen also details the items that can always be found in his bag including sports gear, an iPhone, paper books, a Garmin watch and a hiking backpack. Mogensen is an outdoorsman so he packs with outdoor excursions in mind. Similarly, you can customize your must-haves to suit your ideal type of trip.
What are your tips for packing light when you travel? Share in the comments, below.
H/T: New York Times
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.