Deal Alert: US to Scandinavia from $327 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Flights to Scandinavia are on sale with fares starting from just $327 round-trip on a variety of carriers. You can fly from Boston (BOS), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), Newark (EWR) and San Francisco (SFO) to Copenhagen (CPH), Helsinki (HEL), Oslo (OSL) and Stockholm (ARN) with availability from January through May with limited availability on some routes in October and November of this year.
Since there are so many options available on a wide variety of carriers, we’d recommend using Google Flights to find your desired itinerary. Keep in mind that on carriers like Icelandair, you can take advantage of a free stopover in Iceland before continuing on to your final destination.
Airline: Finnair, Icelandair, Air France, Swiss, United, Air Canada
Route: BOS, EWR, LAX, JFK and SFO to ARN, CPH, HEL and OSL
Cost: $327+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January – May 2017 and October – November 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for $327 round-trip in March on Finnair:
Boston (BOS) to Stockholm (ARN) for $336 round-trip in February on Icelandair:
Boston (BOS) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $344 round-trip in March on Star Alliance:
Newark (EWR) to Oslo (OSL) for $352 round-trip in May on Icelandair:
New York (JFK) to Helsinki (HEL) for $353 round-trip in March on Finnair:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $393 round-trip in March on Star Alliance:
San Francisco (SFO) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $412 round-trip in March on Air France:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Copenhagen courtesy of Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.