This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – JetBlue Plus Card
Ever since the restrictions on nonstop flights from the US to Cuba were lifted, airlines have somewhat oversaturated the market. There are so many options and so much competition that fares to the island nation have plummeted. And since discounting fares doesn’t seem to be doing the trick, JetBlue is trying to influence its customers to travel to Cuba even more.
With its latest Discover Cuba promotion, the New York-based carrier is offering its travelers the opportunity to earn 3x TrueBlue points on flights to Havana (HAV), Santa Clara (SNU), Camagüey (CMW) and Holguín (HOG).
— JetBlue Airways (@JetBlue) January 18, 2017
In order to earn the triple points, you must register for the promotion and book your travel by March 18, 2017. Travel to one of the three cities must be completed by the same date. Unfortunately, this offer isn’t valid for existing bookings. Your TrueBlue number must be entered at the time of booking, and you must be registered for the promo.
There’s a opportunity to earn some pretty valuable TrueBlue points here. Say, for example, you book a round-trip ticket from New York (JFK) to Havana (HAV) for $391 round-trip. If you register for the promotion, you’d earn 1,173 bonus TrueBlue points, which are worth $12-$16 based on TPG’s most recent valuations — and that’s not including any bonus you’d get from the fare, elite status or by using a JetBlue co-branded card like the JetBlue Plus Card.
Ultimately, this is a pretty nice bonus from JetBlue to encourage travel to Cuba. If you’ve been thinking about booking a trip Cuba, consider registering for this promotion and booking through JetBlue to earn some bonus TrueBlue points.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards