This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier today, Uber launched its new UberONE service, offering customers rides in a Tesla Model S vehicle and making Madrid the first city in the world to have a sustainable electric car-sharing service. Prices for UberONE start at 0.45 euros (~$0.47) per minute with a minimum fare of 8 euros (~$8.35).
If you’re in Madrid and are interested in testing it out, simply select UberONE (instead of UberX or any of the other options) and the app will function as it usually does, letting you follow your driver, choose your method of payment and review routes.
Thanks to a special partnership with Microsoft, each UberONE car comes equipped with a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet so customers can surf the web, check emails, play on social media or listen to music on Spotify during rides.
Not surprisingly, Uber is already experiencing heavy demand in Madrid for the new service. There’s not currently any information regarding when (or where) Uber may offer UberONE next — we’ve got our fingers crossed for NYC! — but for now, anyone in Madrid with an Uber account has access to it.
New to Uber? Sign up through this link to receive a free ride (up to $20) from TPG. Remember to sync a credit card with your Uber account that will earn you the greatest return on your ride, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which gives you 3x points per dollar spent on travel purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Uber.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.