This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for an easy way to save some serious money on your next five Uber rides? Now through December 31, Uber and Android Pay have teamed up to offer 50% off your next five Uber rides — up to $15 off per ride. The only catch is that you’re going to have to use Android Pay to get the discount, meaning you’ll need to use an Android phone.
If you’ve got the hardware, click here to download Android Pay. Once it’s downloaded, set up an eligible credit or debit card in Android Pay. Switch to your Uber app and set Android Pay as your default payment option. Then, enter the ANDROID50 promo code in your Uber app to activate the discount. Finally, pay for your next five rides — or five of your more-expensive rides over the next few weeks — with Android Pay to get the 50% discount.
Make sure you move fast, the offer is only available “while supplies last,” and we’ve seen plenty of Uber discount codes disappear in a hurry.
Note that the terms of this offer mention it’s “valid in the US only.” It’s unclear whether this means the promotion is only open to US-based Uber users or if your rides are going to have to be in the US to qualify for the discount.
If you’re traveling this month, don’t forget to register for Uber’s airport promo as well. Amex is teaming up with Uber to offer US cardholders two free rides home from select major US airports (up to $65 per ride) through December 31, 2016. See full details in this post. Additionally, if you don’t have an Uber account, you can sign up here to receive another free ride (up to $20) from TPG.
H/T: Slick Deals
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards