This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly. Since this deal requires booking directly with the airline, we recommend using American Express Platinum Card in order to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of the DOT’s 24-hour cancellation allowance if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
WOW! Now through 7:59pm ET today (December 23), WOW Air is running a 50% off promotion for flights departing between January 14 and April 5, 2017. To take advantage of this deal, head to WOW Air’s website and enter promotional code WOWXMAS16 before searching to save 50% off the base airfare. Unfortunately, you’ll still have to pay 100% of the taxes, government fees and baggage fees that make up a substantial part of the total cost of WOW Air flights, but the good news is the carrier does allow you to bring one free carry-on bag up to 22 lbs.
Airlines: WOW Air
Cost: $191+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January 14 — April 5 2017
Booking Link: WOW Air
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $191 round-trip in January:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $191 round-trip in January:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $211 round-trip in February-March:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $211 round-trip in February-March:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Jokulsarlon in Iceland courtesy of Shutterstock.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: The Flight Deal
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.