This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you guilty of rushing out of your house before a trip and forgetting some of your travel essentials as a result? Even the most organized of us probably have encountered this at one time or another, but if you’re prepared with some useful information, you could be okay when it comes to lounge access at the airport. Just like being able to get digital access to Priority Pass lounges, it is possible to get access Centurion Lounges without having the physical credit card in your hand.
Entrance to all seven US Centurion Lounges is complimentary for cardholders of the Platinum Card from American Express, American Express Centurion Card, The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN and the Business Centurion Card. If you’re an authorized user on a primary cardholder’s account, you can also enter the lounge free of charge.
Luckily, if you forgot your card on the nightstand while rushing out of your house, Amex agents are able to grant you access to the lounge after confirming your account status and identity. That being said, it’s up to the discretion of the agent so it’s not advised to try your luck every single time. If you did forget your card at home, a Centurion Lounge agent can confirm that you’re a Platinum or Centurion cardholder and you’ll be allowed in the lounge.
Make sure you remember to sign up for the card before your trip to enjoy all of the benefits that come with it.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees