You Can Now Rent a Wi-Fi Hotspot From an Airport Vending Machine
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Skyroam is a great tool for travelers who want to stay connected when traveling abroad. Now, the company has unveiled vending machines in select airports across the US where you can easily rent the Wi-Fi hotspot so that you can stay online in over 100 countries.
The first machine is available to use at San Francisco (SFO), with others being rolled out in Houston (IAH) and Las Vegas (LAS) later this month. Skyroam has said that it has “additional locations planned at top international airports on the East Coast and elsewhere, but none that we can specifically mention at this moment.”
Anyone passing through one of these airports can rent a hotspot for $9.95 a day. Once you’ve returned home, Skyroam provides you with a prepaid envelope in which you mail the device back. Previously, you could only purchase a hotspot for $124.99 plus the cost of Wi-Fi connectivity at $8 per day (Skyroam devices are currently on sale for $99.99). Renting could be a good way to save a few dollars when you have a quick trip abroad and want to be able to get online.
Wi-Fi hotspots provide a more straightforward internet experience as you don’t have to deal with roaming charges, unlocked phones, security issues or purchasing local SIM cards. Skyroam’s hotspot syncs with local carriers and allows secure Wi-Fi access on up to five devices simultaneously.
Have you spotted one of these Wi-Fi hotspot vending machines?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees