This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the best ways to get bonus miles without actually flying is through airline shopping portals. And with the holiday shopping season upon us, now’s a better time than ever to make sure you take advantage of the opportunity to earn bonus points and miles for purchases that you’d be making anyway.
To sweeten up the bonus mileage earning this season, United Airlines is offering a one-day elevation on select merchants. With each of the below merchants, you’ll earn 15 miles per dollar for today only.
- Saks OFF Fifth
- Neiman Marcus
- Harry & David
- Sunglass Hut
- Rosetta Stone
- Jos. A. Bank
- Sur La Table
- New Balance
The 15 merchants will offer customers 15 miles per dollar spent through 11:59pm ET today, December 5, 2016. To take advantage, make sure you do your shopping directly through the United MileagePlus Shopping portal. The elevated bonus could really add up with these retailers. For example, if you’re making a $350 purchase with Neiman Marcus, you’ll earn a total of 5,250 MileagePlus miles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those miles are worth about $79 — pretty good for a purchase you were already planning on making!
To ensure that you get the miles you’re entitled to on this one-day elevation, there are some important portal-specific rules that you should follow. For example, be sure you make the purchase directly through the link from the portal and don’t navigate away from that window when you place your order. If you’re looking to take advantage of these elevations, act quick, as they end tonight at 11:59pm ET.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards