This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
US airports aren’t particularly known for over-the-top amenities — or, for that matter, even average amenities. While counterparts overseas have in-house butterfly gardens (SIN), swimming pools (DXB) and more, domestic airports pale in comparison. However, if you’re traveling to, from or through Denver International Airport (DEN) between now and January 1, 2017, you could be in for a nice surprise.
For the first time in its history, DEN has opened an ice skating rink in its open-air plaza. The rink will be open every day from 9am to 9pm now through January 1, 2017. Not only will travelers be able to access the rink, but you also won’t have to worry about packing your skates in your carry-on bag — rentals are free.
United Airlines and DEN have partnered to offer additional festive options for travelers. Between December 9-11, 2016, there will be an outdoor winter holiday market on the DEN Plaza, and between December 16-31, 2016, there will be daily holiday entertainment in the Jeppesen Terminal. You can find complete details of all events scheduled to take place at DEN this holiday season on the airport’s website.
This looks to be a very fun activity — and something to set DEN apart from the mediocrity that domestic airports are known for. Not only will there be some festive activities, but skate rentals are also free. It could even be worth going a bit out of your way to check this out.
Have you been to any of the holiday events at DEN this year?
H/T: The Denver Post
Featured image courtesy of Denver International Airport.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards