Go Ice Skating at Denver International Airport This Holiday Season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
US airports aren’t particularly known for over-the-top amenities — or, for that matter, even average amenities. While counterparts overseas have in-house butterfly gardens (SIN), swimming pools (DXB) and more, domestic airports pale in comparison. However, if you’re traveling to, from or through Denver International Airport (DEN) between now and January 1, 2017, you could be in for a nice surprise.
For the first time in its history, DEN has opened an ice skating rink in its open-air plaza. The rink will be open every day from 9am to 9pm now through January 1, 2017. Not only will travelers be able to access the rink, but you also won’t have to worry about packing your skates in your carry-on bag — rentals are free.
United Airlines and DEN have partnered to offer additional festive options for travelers. Between December 9-11, 2016, there will be an outdoor winter holiday market on the DEN Plaza, and between December 16-31, 2016, there will be daily holiday entertainment in the Jeppesen Terminal. You can find complete details of all events scheduled to take place at DEN this holiday season on the airport’s website.
This looks to be a very fun activity — and something to set DEN apart from the mediocrity that domestic airports are known for. Not only will there be some festive activities, but skate rentals are also free. It could even be worth going a bit out of your way to check this out.
Have you been to any of the holiday events at DEN this year?
H/T: The Denver Post
Featured image courtesy of Denver International Airport.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees