This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 12/21/16 8:39pm: That was fast! The event is now sold out.
A handful of loyalty programs offer experiences that members can book with points, ranging from dinners to a yacht tour of Cuba. One such program offering this type of redemption is United MileagePlus — typically you’ll need to redeem tens or hundreds of thousands of miles for access to an event, but for one reason or another, UA is currently handing out tickets to an upcoming PGA Tour event for free.
You’ll need to be a United elite member in order to be eligible to order the free tickets, and they’re going very fast — as of this writing, there are only a dozen packages remaining, and only for three of the four dates:
According to the listing, eligible members will receive the following:
- Two tickets to the United Fairway Club overlooking the 17 green of The Riviera Country Club* (choose from Thursday, February 16, 2017; Friday, February 17, 2017; Saturday, February 18, 2017; and Sunday, February 19, 2017)
- Tournament grounds access
- One parking pass
- Complimentary food and beverage in the United Fairway Club
- Beer, wine and spirits
This is a no-brainer if you think you’ll be able to attend, but don’t snag these tickets if you won’t be in town — you’ll be pulling inventory away from other United elites. Tickets will be mailed to the address in your account by January 30, 2017.
Featured image courtesy of the Genesis Open.
H/T: Niko G
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards