This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: It seems that SkyTeam partners Alitalia and Delta have matched Emirates’ fares on flights between JFK and Milan. Like the Emirates sale, flights are available through November 2017, excluding summer travel.
Emirates is currently running a fare sale on many routes from the US. We’re seeing the best deals on the airline’s nonstops from New York-JFK — with flights to Milan (MXP) starting at just $492 round-trip, and to Dubai (DXB) from $692 round-trip — though discounted flights are available from other cities as well.
Emirates has included many more destinations in this sale, such as Beirut (BEY), Mumbai (BOM) and Singapore (SIN), just to name a few. The sale runs through next Wednesday (December 28) and is valid for travel from January 16 through November 2, 2017 (excluding summer travel). Although you won’t be flying Emirates first class on the A380, economy isn’t bad either, as Jennifer Aniston experienced in a humorous commercial.
Route: JFK to MXP, DXB
Cost: $492+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January 16 – November 2, 2017 (excluding June through August travel)
Booking Link: Emirates
Pay With: American Express Platinum Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $492 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Dubai (DXB) for $692 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Milan by Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards