This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is offering a sale on award flights from the US to many cities in Asia, with round-trip flights discounted to 49,000 miles plus taxes and fees. These flights usually start at 70,000 miles round-trip, so this is a great way to get some decent value from your SkyMiles. Departures seem to be available from almost every city that Delta serves, but flight availability itself appears to be somewhat limited. Departure dates are from January 10 through March 3, and travel must be booked by tomorrow night (December 14) at 11:59pm ET. You can read more about booking Delta award flights here and here.
Route: US to Asia
Cost: 49,000 miles and $50+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January 10 – March 3, 2017
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Tokyo (NRT/HND) for 49,000 miles + $50 round-trip in January:
Atlanta (ATL) to Hong Kong (HKG) for 49,000 miles + $70 round-trip in January:
Seattle (SEA) to Singapore (SIN) for 49,000 miles + $79 round-trip in January:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Hong Kong courtesy of Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards