Talking Travel With Chef Eric Ripert
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aside from the crystal clear blue waters of Grand Cayman and the super-luxe accommodations at the Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, one of the best parts about the Cayman Cookout is the access to world-famous chefs like Eric Ripert. When I was at this past year’s event, I sat down with the chef to talk about everything from what goes into putting on the event to his favorite airlines to fly. Needless to say, I wasn’t shocked to hear he’ll avoid eating at 35,000 feet unless he’s flying international in a premium cabin — and I have to say, I don’t blame him!
For more great TPGtv videos in our new, shorter format, check out the first 19 videos from our second season:
Hotel Review: Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
The Luxury of the Grand Cayman Cookout with the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card
The Ultimate Sundance Film Festival Experience
Flying First Class on ANA’s Star Wars Jet For (Almost) Free
Everything You Need to Know About Shopping For, Making and Eating Sushi in Tokyo
Review: Inside My Jaw-Dropping Suite at the Andaz Tokyo Hotel
Review: A Comfortable Stay at the St. Regis Osaka Hotel
What to Eat, Drink and Do in Osaka
9 Things to Try on Your Next Trip to Tokyo
Inside the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Roppongi
Where to See Stunning Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo and Osaka
Dramatic Drone Shots Over Tokyo
Inside Tokyo’s Bizarre Robot Restaurant
7 Dishes You Must Try in Tokyo
Inside the “Lost in Translation” Hotel: Park Hyatt Tokyo
Which is the Best Hyatt in Tokyo: Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt or Andaz?
18 Ways Singapore Suites Will Blow Your Mind
Inside LAX’s Secret Celebrity Lounge
How to Book Singapore Suites in 90 Seconds
Can’t wait to see what I’m working on next? Follow along with all my travel adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat for a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming up on TPGtv, and don’t forget to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube — you’ll be notified as soon as each new episode appears.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees