This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With The Points Guy being a small business itself, I realize from a first-hand perspective exactly what goes into making a small business work and how to take it to the next level. So, I’m excited to launch a new initiative where we’ll focus on just that — small businesses.
As part of the first annual TPG Small Business Week, we’ll be taking a closer look at how you, as a small business owner, can maximize your points-earning strategy to fit your business needs and meet your goals. I hope you can join me for one of two Small Business Week sessions I’ll be hosting where we’ll cover everything you need to know about how to maximize your travel and points. At each of the events, I’ll be giving a presentation on how to best utilize your points and miles for your small business, followed by an open Q&A — plus there will be refreshments and light bites. Here are the details for each event:
- Chicago — Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- WeWork Kinzie
- 20 W Kinzie St., Chicago, IL 60654
- New York — Tuesday, November 22, 2016
- WeWork FiDi
- 85 Broad St., New York, NY 10004
Although both events are hosted in collaboration with WeWork, you don’t need to be a WeWork member in order to attend. To RSVP, visit the New York or Chicago page and select the RSVP option, fill out your personal information and we’ll confirm you’re attending.
In addition to attending a session about how to best maximize your spending, followed by the Q&A, you’ll also be able to enter to win a one-on-one consultation with me! We can talk about anything you want — how to outline a points strategy to fit your business goals and needs, favorite airline products or anything in between. To enter, fill out the questionnaire with the RSVP on your respective city’s website. You must register to win for Chicago by Thursday, November 10, and for New York by Friday, November 11. We’ll then select and notify the winner by Friday, November 11, and Wednesday, November 16, for Chicago and New York, respectively.
Small business owners and members of WeWork, alike, I hope to see you at one of our sessions. This will be a great time to plan your points and miles strategy and to figure out how to best meet your needs as a small business owner. I look forward to meeting you and hearing how points and miles can help your small business take off for the first annual #TPGSmallBusinessWeek!
WeWork provides small business, startups, freelancers, large enterprises and everyone in between with the workspace, community and services they need to make a life, not just a living. With weekly events, personalized support, month-to-month flexibility and access to over 80,000 like-minded creators around the world, WeWork is the perfect place to grow your business. Book you tour here!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards