This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s no doubt that Southwest Airlines employees had the most fun at airports and in the skies this Halloween. Pictures quickly circulated around the internet of employees dressed up, greeting travelers as they came to check in for their flights and even the high-up executives dressing as former US presidents.
— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) October 31, 2016
But one Southwest employee took her costume to another level and really brought some humor to the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 situation. As everyone knows by now, earlier this year, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was banned on all planes by the Department of Transportation because they were exploding and the phone was deemed unsafe. So, of course, that made for a perfect costume choice.
A @SouthwestAir employee is dressed up as a Galaxy Note 7 for Halloween.
It’s on ? pic.twitter.com/Nrba1Oul0g
— Heath W. Black (@heathwblack) October 31, 2016
The gate agent, based in Salt Lake City (SLC), apparently told people that they wouldn’t let her get on the plane. All in good fun, of course — the costume was a winner in our eyes. Not to mention, the carrier didn’t stop its Halloween festivities there — it gave away free drinks to passengers over the age of 21. Way to go, Southwest!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards