This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
In general, airports in the US lag severely behind their foreign counterparts (looking at you, New York), but not all are terrible. Read to find out how your airport stacks up.
It’s been another crazy month in the world of points and miles — see what yours are worth in our valuations for November 2016.
Read about how TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig used Aeroplan miles and less than $50 to travel home from Asia in Asiana’s excellent first-class product.
Not every Amex offer is worth your consideration, but some can really save you a lot of cash. Check out this roundup of the best offers for American Express cardholders for this month.
Emirates will break its own record for the world’s shortest A380 flight by putting the aircraft on one of its nine daily flights between Dubai (DXB) and Doha (DOH).
In Other News…
Hyatt Visa to Undergo Some Changes Next Year
AA Makes a Minor Devaluation to WestJet Flights Credited to AAdvantage
Those wanting to credit WestJet flights to AAdvantage should take note of a minor change AA’s made to the earning structure as of December 1, 2016.
Earn 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles After One Stay at Select Club Carlson Hotels
You can earn an easy 5,000 bonus Aeroplan miles by simply completing one stay at a Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Inn by Radisson or Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Hotels in the US or Canada. This could be a great deal, especially considering many of these hotels feature cheap room rates, some even under $100 per night.
Gogo Increases Cost of In-Flight Wi-Fi
It’s now going to cost you even more to stay connected mid-flight. Gogo has raised the cost of its 24-hour pass from $16 to $19. Note that this is what you’ll pay before getting on the flight. If you choose to purchase while on board, it’s going to cost significantly more.
ATSB Posts Test Results of Recovered MH370 Parts
The Australian Transportation Safety Bureau has posted the results of forensic tests it conducted on the recovered parts from the crash of Malaysia Airlines flight 370. The findings say that the plane crashed into the Indian Ocean at a very high speed with the control surfaces retracted.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards