This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Qatar Airways has shared the details of a 2-for-1 deal with deep discounts on business-class fares to destinations around the world. Right now, if you buy a pair of business-class tickets you’ll get fares that are vastly cheaper than usual. Some of the best deals we’re seeing include New York (JFK) to Singapore (SIN) for $2,110 round-trip per person and Chicago (ORD) to Delhi (DEL) for $2,161 round-trip per person. Bookings must be made by November 7 and travel must be completed between November 15 and June 15, 2017, with a minimum 7-day stay required.
Qatar Airways has a great business class product which TPG enjoyed in an episode of TPGtv — the lie-flat seats were even big enough to fit all 6’7″ of TPG comfortably! You can credit mileage earned from these flights to Oneworld Alliance partners such as American Airlines or British Airways.
Airline: Qatar Airways
Route: US to cities around the globe
Cost: $2,110+ round-trip in business class
Dates: November 15 — June 15, 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Singapore (SIN) for $2,110 round-trip per person in May:
Chicago (ORD) to Delhi (DEL) for $2,161 round-trip per person in April:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of business class on Qatar’s A350.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards