This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the weekend, Captain Dooley Ellis, who was flying QF93 between Melbourne (MEL) and Los Angeles (LAX), made the most memorable announcement of his life over the A380’s PA system. After introducing his then-girlfriend Anna, who was sitting in first class, to the entire aircraft, Dooley asked — in her native language, Spanish, then in English — if she would marry him.
Dooley then made his way to the first-class cabin, where he was reunited with an emotional Anna, and dropped to one knee. A moment later, Anna said yes as a crowd of excited flight attendants surrounded her. Check out the video below to see her reaction and how it all went down.
From all of us at TPG, congratulations to the happy couple!
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards