This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you ever experienced that sinking feeling when you realize you’ve left an important item such as your phone or wallet in the bin at the TSA checkpoint? Apparently it happens with some regularity — more than 70 abandoned laptops have been collected by the TSA at checkpoints in Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) since October. The TSA shared a photo of the 70+ computers sitting in a closet, waiting for their owners to claim them.
— TSAmedia_LisaF (@TSAmedia_LisaF) November 28, 2016
It’s hard to imagine how people traveling with a laptop, an essential item for the vast majority of business travelers, could leave them behind, but it’s even harder to imagine the owners just leaving them at the Lost & Found for over a month! And laptops aren’t the only seemingly crucial items left behind by travelers; at Newark alone, the TSA has a collection of coats that take up three whole cabinets, but perhaps the most unbelievable is that several passengers have left entire carry-on bags behind at the checkpoint — which is sure to make for a more difficult trip, to say the least. If you think that you’ve left something behind, you can contact your airport’s Lost & Found office for more information.
Have you ever left a valuable possession behind at a TSA checkpoint?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards