This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there: You’re about to take off on your long-haul flight and wonder how you’re going to keep yourself entertained for the whole trip. After perusing through all of the pre-screened choices on the plane’s in-flight entertainment system, there isn’t anything available that quite piques your interest. Enter Netflix.
Once the service that we could only use while in the comfort of our home or with Wi-Fi and streaming capabilities, Netflix now allows users to download some TV shows and movies ahead of time. This new feature could completely change how you travel — road warriors, rejoice!
Airplane mode. Road trip mode. Stuck-in-the-subway-for-20-minutes mode. Your favorite stories are now available for download any time. pic.twitter.com/g7QZA3TyE8
— Netflix US (@netflix) November 30, 2016
The best part of all: Downloading your favorite programs is completely free. As of now, only select programs are available to download, and Netflix plans to add more downloadable content in the future. The complimentary service is included in all Netflix subscription plans and is available for phones and tables on both Android and iOS devices. To take advantage, download the latest version of the Netflix app and select the program you’d like to download.
Say, for example, you’re in the middle of binge-watching “Stranger Things” and can’t fathom closing out of the screen for your upcoming flight. Well, you can now download all of your remaining episodes so the binge never truly has to stop — you can watch on your Uber ride to the airport, sitting in the lounge and while you’re in the air.
This is a great addition for Netflix. The ability to download your favorite programs in advance to watch wherever you go is a real game-changer.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards