This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Between British Airways’ new first-class pouches and JetBlue’s new offering for Mint passengers, it’s been a busy past week for amenity kits. Never one to be outdone, Etihad recently unveiled new first-class amenity kits, and now it’s announcing new cities to be featured as part of its existing city-themed business-class amenity kit line.
Etihad’s original line of city-themed bags — which was launched last year around this time — featured six cities: Abu Dhabi, London, Madrid, Los Angeles, Sydney and Hong Kong. In addition to offering the standard amenities, Etihad’s kits were noteable for including a mini LUXE City Guide that cover “everything from hotels and restaurants, to spas, bars, boutiques and bespoke shopping.”
This time around, the carrier is featuring five new cities: New York, São Paulo, Rome, Melbourne and Bangkok. Etihad’s home city of Abu Dhabi is also making a return with a redesigned kit.
TPG Special Contributor Eric Rosen snagged one of the already-existing London guides during his recent business-class flight on board the Etihad A380. In addition to the noted mini-city guide, he notes that the kits include “Scaramouche and Fandango products including honey lip balm, hand cream, a dental pack with toothbrush and toothpaste, ear plugs, a sleeping mask and footies.”
Not sure what to do with your leftover kits from Etihad or other airlines? If you’re flying United, you can just leave yours behind on the plane. United is recycling left-behind unused items from kits. Otherwise, use one of our nine other suggested uses for old amenity kits.
Featured image courtesy of Etihad.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.