This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates launched a new codeshare, but this one never leaves the ground: a bus service between Seattle and Vancouver.
The buses, operated by Quick Shuttle, are Emirates‘ first shuttle service in North America. The schedule lines up to the airline’s two daily nonstop flights to Seattle (which arrive at 6:35am and 12:05pm).
Here’s the schedule:
- EK 7033 — Seattle to Vancouver, 9:30am Departure ⇒ 2:05pm Arrival
- EK 7035 — Seattle to Vancouver, 4:00pm Departure ⇒ 9:00pm Arrival
- EK 7034 — Vancouver to Seattle, 8:45am Departure ⇒ 2:00pm Arrival
- EK 7036 — Vancouver to Seattle, 4:15pm Departure ⇒ 9:30pm Arrival
While Google Maps shows that a direct trip between the two airports comes in at just over two and half hours, Emirates lists travel time at up to five hours. Presumably that’s because the shuttle bus makes multiple stops, including at Vancouver hotels and at Waterfront Station, where passengers can connect to the SkyTrain to the airport. (The shuttle does start and stop at SEA.)
It’s not entirely clear why Emirates would add the codeshare. It already has partnerships in place that will get passengers to Vancouver (including agreements with Alaska Airlines and WestJet), and a flight between SEA and YVR is just under an hour. It also doesn’t necessarily save time or money — in fact, on the days we searched, the shuttle bus option was more expensive than just flying. Though perhaps if you’re concerned about misconnections or simply enjoy the view from the road, this would be a good option.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Would you take a bus over a connecting flight?
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.