This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’ve seen plenty of low fares on Emirates’ fifth-freedom route between New York (JFK) and Milan (MXP), but this one may be the best we’ve seen: $790 round-trip for two passengers. As long as you can find a companion, you’ll each pay just $395 per person. While these fares would seem to be part of Emirates’ Black Friday sale, the listed Black Friday price between NYC-Milan is $899 for two, so jump on this deal while it’s $100 cheaper!
Emirates’ Black Friday sale notes: “Book your Black Friday companion fare by November 27, 2016 for travel between January 09, 2017 and October 14, 2017.” However, we’re only finding this JFK — MXP deal for departures from January 15 through May 10 and then again from September 4 through October 11.
Route: JFK — MXP
Cost: $790 for two passengers round-trip in economy
Dates: Departures from January 15 – May 10 and September 4 – October 11
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $395 round-trip per person:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $395 round-trip per person in May:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $395 round-trip per person in September:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Milan courtesy of Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards