This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates with cheap fares, then head to Norwegian’s website to enter the promotion code and book with the discount.
Here’s another great Black Friday airfare deal: Today only, Norwegian Air Shuttle has discounted flights between 20-30% systemwide. Good news for fans of premium cabins: the promotion is also valid for Norwegian’s solid Premium Class. Flights to the Caribbean are going to be the most discounted (“up to 30%”), but you can also use this deal to snag a flight to Europe for 20% off. But, act fast! Norwegian notes that “capacity is controlled”, meaning that the fares may not be available all day.
The US-based website promotion code is BLACKFRIDAYUS, but you can save even more by using the Norwegian version of the website and promotion code BLACKFRIDAY16. Just make sure to use a website translating tool and pay with a credit card that doesn’t charge a foreign transaction fee.
Airline: Norwegian Air Shuttle
Route: Flights to Europe and the Caribbean
Deal: 20% off flights to Europe and up to 30% off to the Caribbean
Dates: December 1, 2016 to March 25, 2017 — excluding December 16, 2016 to January 9, 2017 (all routes) and February 16, 2017 to March 7, 2017 (Caribbean routes)
Booking Link: Norwegian (US) or Norwegian (Norway)
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for $240 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for NOK 1,789 ($209) round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Martinique (FDF) for $162 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Oslo (OSL) for $309 round-trip in February:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Thrifty Traveler
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.