This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Note: The Chase Sapphire Reserve cupcake was not provided by Chase.
This week, TPG reader Adam E. got a very special surprise birthday treat: A Chase Sapphire Reserve cupcake.
Here’s what Adam had to say about his b-day surprise:
I received these amazing Chase Sapphire Reserve cupcakes as a surprise early birthday present because we are heading on a 9-day trip to Japan for my 30th birthday (also my wife’s 29th birthday). I used all the TPG recommendations and will be flying round-trip for free direct from Boston on Japan Airlines, and staying at the Park Hyatt Tokyo (2 nights), Conrad Tokyo (2 nights), Hyatt Kyoto (3 nights), and the St. Regis in Osaka (1 night). As recommended by TPG we’ll also be spending one paid night in a Ryokan for the unique experience. We will be using points to pay for 8 of 9 hotel nights and the two round-trip tickets. Thanks for all the recommendations! In the last two years, points advice from TPG covered most of the flights and hotels for my honeymoon to Australia, as well as additional trips to Argentina, Portugal, and Bermuda.
It sounds like Adam’s gotten a lot more than a cupcake out of his time reading TPG. Just as we do with our Reader Success Stories, we’ll be sending Adam a $200 Visa gift card as a thank you for sharing his story with us. If you happen to come across a points and miles-themed treat of your own, please send it our way at firstname.lastname@example.org!
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.