This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, JetBlue shared ambitious expansion plans for its much-loved Mint product. While we’ve known for several months now that Mint would be expanded to flights between New York (JFK) and San Diego (SAN), you couldn’t book the seats — until today. The new service will begin on August 15, 2017 and to celebrate, the airline’s offering special introductory fares of just $498 each way. With that fare, you get all the perks of the Mint experience, including signature cocktails, a menu created by NYC restaurant Saxon + Parole, new-and-improved amenity kits and more.
For comparison purposes, we wanted to see how much the other major carriers are charging for round-trip tickets in first class on this same route. We’re seeing fares on Delta from around $750, $1,100 on Alaska and American, while United pretty much matches JetBlue’s introductory fares on several days at just under $1,000 round-trip. Keep in mind that none of the other carriers currently offer lie-flat products on this route, though there’s always a chance they could be planning to launch lie-flat service around the same time.
Since JetBlue launched Mint on flights between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO), the airline has been busy expanding the product to many more routes, including transcons from Boston (BOS) and flights to the Caribbean islands of Barbados (BGI), Aruba (AUA), St. Maarten (SXM) and St. Lucia (UVF). Additionally, the airline will be expanding Mint to fights between:
- Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles (LAX)
- Fort Lauderdale and San Francisco
- Las Vegas and New York (JFK)
- San Diego and Boston
- Seattle and New York (JFK)
- Seattle and Boston
Who’s planning on booking a Mint seat on this transcon route?
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.