Amazing $400 Fares to Europe from Tons of Cities!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Crazy good deals to Europe amazingly aren’t all that uncommon any more, but they are often pretty limited by departure city and travel dates. However, today there is a great deal to Europe that works from dozens of US cities and over a span of many months!
Via The Flight Deal you can fly round trip to Barcelona or Madrid for around $400 round trip via many, many cities other than Delta hubs cities as well as Denver, Houston, and San Francisco.
The $400-ish round trip fare worked from cities like Austin, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Wichita, Seattle, New York, Orlando, and more in my test searches. It works even out of some smaller airports like Wichita and Oklahoma City that also are left out of these sort of deals.
I saw deals not only on Delta, but also on their partners Air France and KLM. The eligible dates started in the next couple of weeks and went through mid-May 2017 for some departure cities. Some cities also have availability again beginning in mid-August 2017 through the end of the calendar. I recommend using Google flights and using a calendar flexible date search to easily spot the cheapest days to fly.
We had a blast in both Madrid and Barcelona last year, and being able to go for just $400-ish round trip on a variety of dates is a fantastic deal! You could also use fixed value points to book the fares and keep cash in your pocket while jumping on a great fare. At $400, it would cost you 40,000 points (worth one cent each) to book the airfare, but then you will get 5% of those points back for an out of pocket total of 38,000 points! You would then also earn miles on your trip.
In terms of where to credit the miles, the test flights I priced were in Delta economy V class which earns 50% of the flown miles if you credit to Alaska. That isn’t great, but it is an option that is better than crediting to Delta and only earning miles based on the low base fare paid (unless you are chasing Delta elite status).
If you want some ideas of what to do or where to stay in Spain, here are some posts from our three-generations trip we took last year. As always, book very quickly if you want in on those cheap round trips to Europe!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.