Amazing $400 Fares to Europe from Tons of Cities!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Crazy good deals to Europe amazingly aren’t all that uncommon any more, but they are often pretty limited by departure city and travel dates. However, today there is a great deal to Europe that works from dozens of US cities and over a span of many months!
Via The Flight Deal you can fly round trip to Barcelona or Madrid for around $400 round trip via many, many cities other than Delta hubs cities as well as Denver, Houston, and San Francisco.
The $400-ish round trip fare worked from cities like Austin, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Wichita, Seattle, New York, Orlando, and more in my test searches. It works even out of some smaller airports like Wichita and Oklahoma City that also are left out of these sort of deals.
I saw deals not only on Delta, but also on their partners Air France and KLM. The eligible dates started in the next couple of weeks and went through mid-May 2017 for some departure cities. Some cities also have availability again beginning in mid-August 2017 through the end of the calendar. I recommend using Google flights and using a calendar flexible date search to easily spot the cheapest days to fly.
We had a blast in both Madrid and Barcelona last year, and being able to go for just $400-ish round trip on a variety of dates is a fantastic deal! You could also use fixed value points to book the fares and keep cash in your pocket while jumping on a great fare. At $400, it would cost you 40,000 points (worth one cent each) to book the airfare, but then you will get 5% of those points back for an out of pocket total of 38,000 points! You would then also earn miles on your trip.
In terms of where to credit the miles, the test flights I priced were in Delta economy V class which earns 50% of the flown miles if you credit to Alaska. That isn’t great, but it is an option that is better than crediting to Delta and only earning miles based on the low base fare paid (unless you are chasing Delta elite status).
If you want some ideas of what to do or where to stay in Spain, here are some posts from our three-generations trip we took last year. As always, book very quickly if you want in on those cheap round trips to Europe!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees