Save 30% On KrisFlyer Redemptions for Singapore and SilkAir Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines is currently offering discounts on award bookings made through the carrier’s website. Book between now and November 16 to save 30% when you redeem KrisFlyer miles for flights on Singapore Airlines or its regional subsidiary SilkAir in economy and premium economy classes only between February 6 and May 31, 2017. The discounted fares begin at 5,250 miles each way for short economy flights all the way up to 49,000 each way for long-haul flights in premium economy between New York and Singapore.
Here’s an example of an economy flight between New York (JFK) and Singapore (SIN). When you search for the flight on Singapore’s site, it displays the cost as 37,500 miles one-way, but when you select the flight and continue to booking, the cost drops to 26,250 miles plus $277 one-way. If you were to buy the same flight in cash, it’d set you back $536.
Singapore charges hefty fees on award bookings, so you’ll have to do some number-crunching to see if a redemption makes sense for you. TPG values KrisFlyer miles at 1.5 cents per point, meaning that in this case you’d effectively be paying another $394 in KrisFlyer miles to redeem the flight, which would put you over the revenue cost of the ticket.
Remember that if you’re looking to give your KrisFlyer account a boost, you can transfer points from all major transferable currencies, including Chase Ultimate Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou.
Are you planning on redeeming KrisFlyer miles for flights during this promotion?
H/T: Live From a Lounge
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.