Save 30% On KrisFlyer Redemptions for Singapore and SilkAir Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines is currently offering discounts on award bookings made through the carrier’s website. Book between now and November 16 to save 30% when you redeem KrisFlyer miles for flights on Singapore Airlines or its regional subsidiary SilkAir in economy and premium economy classes only between February 6 and May 31, 2017. The discounted fares begin at 5,250 miles each way for short economy flights all the way up to 49,000 each way for long-haul flights in premium economy between New York and Singapore.
Here’s an example of an economy flight between New York (JFK) and Singapore (SIN). When you search for the flight on Singapore’s site, it displays the cost as 37,500 miles one-way, but when you select the flight and continue to booking, the cost drops to 26,250 miles plus $277 one-way. If you were to buy the same flight in cash, it’d set you back $536.
Singapore charges hefty fees on award bookings, so you’ll have to do some number-crunching to see if a redemption makes sense for you. TPG values KrisFlyer miles at 1.5 cents per point, meaning that in this case you’d effectively be paying another $394 in KrisFlyer miles to redeem the flight, which would put you over the revenue cost of the ticket.
Remember that if you’re looking to give your KrisFlyer account a boost, you can transfer points from all major transferable currencies, including Chase Ultimate Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou.
Are you planning on redeeming KrisFlyer miles for flights during this promotion?
H/T: Live From a Lounge
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees