This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Everyone loves free miles and points promotions. In addition to getting something for nothing — well, typically a few minutes of your time — these promotions also are very useful for extending the expiration date of your current miles and points.
Today we found out about an easy way for you to get some free Aeroplan rewards. Now through December 16, tell the airline about your travel goals for 150 bonus miles. The process takes just a couple of minute to complete. For me, the longest part of the process was having to look up my Aeroplan number.
Note that Aeroplan miles expire if you don’t have any activity in a 12-month period. So, this is a great way of pushing out the expiration date of your miles until late 2017. Unfortunately, this offer only is good through December 16, 2016. Otherwise, this would be a great “back pocket” promotion to have for the future.
Some tips about filling in the form: Don’t get thrown off by the option of selecting 2015 dates. It looks like this program originally launched in March 2015, but it’s now being re-promoted for a limited time. Also, you just need to choose one goal, but you can choose up to three if you wish. Finally, you have to select a destination that Air Canada services in order to successfully set the goal.
While you can select random options to quickly complete the task, the promotion’s FAQ (caution: PDF link) notes that Aeroplan will be “using this information to better tailor your experience in the program by personalizing the communications and offers you receive from us to help you reach your goals faster.” So, you might want to select goals that you’re at least somewhat interested in.
This is an easy way to earn 150 miles for a couple minutes of your time. If you’ve got Aeroplan miles and don’t plan on redeeming them before your current expiration date, I see no reason not to take advantage of this promotion. Otherwise, there’s a chance that Aeroplan will repromote this in the future, so you could skip it now in the hopes of free miles in the future.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
Featured image courtesy of Randy Risling/Toronto Star via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards