Use Visa Checkout to Save up to $1,000 on Emirates Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Planning on booking an Emirates flight soon? Good news: The airline and Visa are partnering up again to offer between $50 (economy) and $1,000 (first class) off your next Emirates booking when you use Visa Checkout.
Here’s how it works: Now through November 24, use Emirates’ Visa Checkout promotion page to book flights between October 24 and July 24, 2017. If your flights satisfy the requirements, you’ll get $50 off economy tickets, $250 off business-class tickets or $1,000 off first-class tickets.
As with most offers, there are some terms and conditions to keep in mind: You must purchase at least seven days before departure. The savings is only off of the base fare — but not carrier-imposed charges — so you might not save $50 off all discount economy flights. And, if you’ve got a huge group, the discount is limited to nine passengers per booking.
Also, the promotion doesn’t include codeshare flights, so your travel must originate at one of the following airports:
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) — starting December 15
- Houston (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK)
- Orlando (MCO)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Washington DC (IAD)
Since it’s called “Visa Checkout,” you’d imagine that only Visa cards are allowed to be used. Thankfully, that’s not the case. Visa Checkout allows you to pay with whichever credit card you like, so make sure to use one that earns additional points on airfare purchases.
Top choices are The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Doctor Of Credit
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees