Earn up to $500 Back With the SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express, Ink Business Cash Credit Card
If you’re looking for a business-focused cash-back card, now could be a great time to give the SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card from American Express a closer look. Currently, you can earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in the first six months of cardmembership, plus an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more on qualifying purchases on the card within your first year of cardmembership. If you meet both requirements, you’ll get a total of $500 in cash back.
This is twice the usual welcome offer of $250 cash back after you spend $5,000 or more in the first six months.
Your choices for the 3% cash-back category include airfare purchased directly from the airline; hotel rooms purchased directly from the hotel; car rentals purchased from select car rental companies; US gas stations; US restaurants; US purchases for advertising in select media; US purchases for shipping; and US computer hardware, software and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers. You’ll earn 1% on all other purchases.
The SimplyCash Plus is one of several cash-back cards on the market, and it could be a solid choice if your spending habits align with its bonus categories. Amex introduced this card back in April, and the issuer’s touted the card’s “more buying power” feature. This lets you spend above your credit limit if you need to make a big purchase; the additional amount you can spend is based on factors such as your payment history, and you must pay off the amount spent over your credit limit each month as you would with a charge card.
Another cash-back card worth considering is the Ink Business Cash Credit Card, which offers 5% back on the first $25,000 in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV purchases each account anniversary year, in addition to 2% cash back on the first $25,000 in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. As with the SimplyCash Plus, this card has no annual fee, and it earns you 1% cash back on non-bonus purchases. The Ink Cash is currently offering an elevated welcome bonus of $500 cash back after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. Plus, if you hold a card that earns Ultimate Rewards points, you can redeem cash back from the Ink Cash in the form of travel rewards.
If you’re looking for a cash-back card that will earn you bonuses on business-related expenses, the no-fee SimplyCash Plus Card is a solid choice. The ability to earn $500 back by meeting the spending requirements in the first year makes it an even more appealing option.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
What’s your favorite cash-back card for business expenses?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees