Earn up to $500 Back With the SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express, Ink Business Cash Credit Card
If you’re looking for a business-focused cash-back card, now could be a great time to give the SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card from American Express a closer look. Currently, you can earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in the first six months of cardmembership, plus an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more on qualifying purchases on the card within your first year of cardmembership. If you meet both requirements, you’ll get a total of $500 in cash back.
This is twice the usual welcome offer of $250 cash back after you spend $5,000 or more in the first six months.
Your choices for the 3% cash-back category include airfare purchased directly from the airline; hotel rooms purchased directly from the hotel; car rentals purchased from select car rental companies; US gas stations; US restaurants; US purchases for advertising in select media; US purchases for shipping; and US computer hardware, software and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers. You’ll earn 1% on all other purchases.
The SimplyCash Plus is one of several cash-back cards on the market, and it could be a solid choice if your spending habits align with its bonus categories. Amex introduced this card back in April, and the issuer’s touted the card’s “more buying power” feature. This lets you spend above your credit limit if you need to make a big purchase; the additional amount you can spend is based on factors such as your payment history, and you must pay off the amount spent over your credit limit each month as you would with a charge card.
Another cash-back card worth considering is the Ink Business Cash Credit Card, which offers 5% back on the first $25,000 in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV purchases each account anniversary year, in addition to 2% cash back on the first $25,000 in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. As with the SimplyCash Plus, this card has no annual fee, and it earns you 1% cash back on non-bonus purchases. The Ink Cash is currently offering an elevated welcome bonus of $500 cash back after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. Plus, if you hold a card that earns Ultimate Rewards points, you can redeem cash back from the Ink Cash in the form of travel rewards.
If you’re looking for a cash-back card that will earn you bonuses on business-related expenses, the no-fee SimplyCash Plus Card is a solid choice. The ability to earn $500 back by meeting the spending requirements in the first year makes it an even more appealing option.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
What’s your favorite cash-back card for business expenses?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.