This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been considering applying for the no-fee Sam’s Club Mastercard, now could be a great time to do so. When you sign up between now and November 12, 2016, you’ll earn double cash back for the first 90 days of cardmembership.
This card typically earns 5% cash back on gas (on the first $6,000 per year, then 1% back), 3% back on dining and travel and 1% back on all other purchases. So if you’re approved for this card in the eligible time frame, your earnings will be bumped to 10%, 6% and 2%, respectively.
In addition to earning you cash back on purchases, the Sam’s Club MasterCard offers price protection for up to 60 days and also doubles as your membership card for the warehouse store. This card has no annual fee, though it does charge a 3% fee on foreign transactions.
Still, keep in mind that this card isn’t your only option for earning bonus rewards on Sam’s Club purchases — in fact, the Chase Freedom‘s current quarterly 5%/5x bonus category is for wholesale clubs including Sam’s Club (along with department stores and drug stores). The Discover it® Card is also offering 5% back on Sam’s Club (along with Amazon.com and department stores) through December. However, note that with both of these cards, the elevated bonuses are limited to the first $1,500 in combined spending on eligible purchases.
Additionally, from November 18-19, Sam’s Club MasterCard holders will earn 3% cash back on eligible purchases at SamsClub.com, so it could definitely be a solid choice if you frequently shop with this retailer and will max out the bonuses with the Chase Freedom and Discover it cards.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
What’s your favorite card for purchases at Sam’s Club and other wholesale stores?
It's a stellar cash back card on its own, but when paired with the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred, the Freedom's 5x Category Bonuses let you rack up Chase Ultimate Rewards Points, transferrable to partners or redeemable via the portal.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.99-25.74%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee