This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates has low fares on its fifth-freedom route between New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP), with prices starting at $496 round-trip in economy. These fares can be found for departures in October through May 2017. Book through the Emirates website and make sure you check the box that says “my dates are flexible” so you can see the lowest fares.
Although you won’t be flying Emirates first class on the A380, economy isn’t bad either, as Jennifer Aniston experienced in a humorous commercial. Emirates is a partner of Alaska Airlines, so you’ll be able to earn elite-qualifying and redeemable Alaska miles at a rate of 50%, according to Alaska’s mileage earning chart.
Route: JFK to MXP
Cost: $496+ round-trip in economy
Dates: October – May 2017
Booking Link: Emirates
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $496 round-trip in December:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $499 round-trip in March:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards