You Can Now Transfer Citi ThankYou Points to JetBlue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the past couple of years, ThankYou points have become more valuable, as Citi has added additional transfer partners. And, Citi’s ThankYou Rewards program just added a new transfer partner: JetBlue. You can now transfer your Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue at a 1,000:500 or 1,000:800 ratio, depending on the Citi ThankYou credit card you have. With the latest addition of TrueBlue, you can now transfer ThankYou points to 15 partners, including Virgin America, Singapore Airlines, Hilton HHonors, Etihad and more.
Here’s how the transfer ratio breaks down:
- 1,000 ThankYou points = 800 TrueBlue points if you’re a Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige or Citi Chairman cardholder
- 1,000 ThankYou points = 500 TrueBlue points if you’re a Citi ThankYou Preferred Card or Citi Forward cardholder.
Is It Worth It?
TPG values JetBlue points at 1-1.4 cents each in his most recent monthly valuations. Keep in mind that JetBlue’s TrueBlue program is revenue-based, so the number of points needed for a ticket depends on the ticket’s cash price. So, you wouldn’t necessarily be getting great value out of transferring ThankYou points to TrueBlue. Instead, you could be better off in redeeming points for JetBlue flights through the Citi portal for a better value of around 1.25-1.33 cents (the latter value is only if you have the Citi Prestige Card).
Better yet, you could use a card like the JetBlue Plus Card to get even greater value. The card comes with a sign-up bonus of 30,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days. Those 30,000 points can be used directly with JetBlue, and you’ll also earn 6x points on purchases with the airline along with some other solid benefits.
Overall, this is great news for Citi cardholders who earn ThankYou points, as another transfer partner is always positive and can open your options to more redemptions. However, there could be better uses for your points instead of transferring them directly to TrueBlue. For example, using your ThankYou points to book directly through the Citi portal could give you more value. So, as always, be sure to check your options to be sure you’re getting the best return on your points.
Will you be transferring Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue?
H/T: Doctor of Credit
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel