This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is known for its amazing flash sales and great in-flight service. This morning, the airline launched a flash sale with 30% off deals on all routes departing the US. Round-trip flights can be had for as little as $62, with one-way fares starting at just $31. Additionally, you can cash in some TrueBlue points for a terrific value.
Be sure to book before the flash sale ends on October 19 at 11:59pm ET. This promotion is available for departures on Monday through Saturday for travel dates between October 26–November 17 and November 29–December 15. If you purchase a round-trip fare, both the outbound and the return must be within these dates, however you can always book two one-way tickets instead if you need a flight in one direction that’s just outside the promotional window.
Route: All routes (originating in the US)
Cost: $31+ one-way
Dates: Book by October 19 for travel October 26–November 17 and November 29–December 15.
Booking Link: JetBlue
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Charleston (CHS) for $62 round-trip:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Charleston (CHS) for 3,600 points + $11.20 round-trip:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Charleston (CHS) for 1,800 points + $5.60 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Houston (HOU) for $90 round-trip:
New York City (JFK) to Salt Lake City (SLC) for $132 round-trip:
New York City (JFK) to Bridgetown (BGI) for $191 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of James Leynse/Corbis via Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards