This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Shopping portals are a great way to earn bonus miles while making purchases you’re planning to make anyway, especially when there are extra incentives involved. In a similar vein, British Airways is now offering a pretty lucrative promotion with Match.com that lets you earn 76 Avios per dollar spent on a new paid subscription to the popular dating site.
Note that this offer is only good for first-time Match.com paid subscribers. When you create a profile, the longest (and most expensive) option is a 12-month subscription for $274.25. As per TPG’s most recent valuations, British Airways Avios are worth about 1.5 cents apiece — by purchasing this, assuming sales tax counts as well, you’d be walking away with 20,843 Avios, worth about $313.
If you’re in the market, this could be an incredibly valuable deal — and, on top of earning extra Avios, there’s always the chance you could end up meeting the love of your life. There’s no indication as to how long this promotion will last, so it’s better to act sooner rather than later. If you do end up meeting your dream guy or gal, put those 76 Avios per dollar to use and perhaps plan a trip to Europe together to celebrate.
H/T: View From the Wing
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards