This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s some (rare) good news for Delta’s lowest-level Medallion members. The airline’s now allowing Silver Medallion members to be eligible for complimentary upgrades on award tickets 24 hours before departure. Delta is known for nearly constant devaluations of its SkyMiles program as well as other customer-unfriendly moves, so it’s nice to see the airline making a significant improvement that benefits elite flyers.
In the past, only Delta Gold, Platinum and Diamond Medallion members were eligible for complimentary upgrades to first class when traveling on awards. Under the new rules, Silver Medallion members will receive their complimentary upgrades once all higher-level Medallions have been cleared.
If you’re looking to boost your SkyMiles balance, consider applying for one of Delta’s co-branded American Express business cards, which are both offering welcome offers. The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is offering 30,000 SkyMiles after you spend $1,000 within the first three months of account opening. Meanwhile, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express currently features a bonus of 35,000 SkyMiles and 5,000 MQMs after spending $1,000 within the first three months.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees