This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s some (rare) good news for Delta’s lowest-level Medallion members. The airline’s now allowing Silver Medallion members to be eligible for complimentary upgrades on award tickets 24 hours before departure. Delta is known for nearly constant devaluations of its SkyMiles program as well as other customer-unfriendly moves, so it’s nice to see the airline making a significant improvement that benefits elite flyers.
In the past, only Delta Gold, Platinum and Diamond Medallion members were eligible for complimentary upgrades to first class when traveling on awards. Under the new rules, Silver Medallion members will receive their complimentary upgrades once all higher-level Medallions have been cleared.
If you’re looking to boost your SkyMiles balance, consider applying for one of Delta’s co-branded American Express business cards, which are both offering welcome offers. The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is offering 60,000 SkyMiles after you spend $3,000 within the first four months of account opening. Meanwhile, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express currently features a bonus of 70,000 SkyMiles and 10,000 MQMs after spending $3,000 within the first three months.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that