This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express
Here’s some (rare) good news for Delta’s lowest-level Medallion members. The airline’s now allowing Silver Medallion members to be eligible for complimentary upgrades on award tickets 24 hours before departure. Delta is known for nearly constant devaluations of its SkyMiles program as well as other customer-unfriendly moves, so it’s nice to see the airline making a significant improvement that benefits elite flyers.
In the past, only Delta Gold, Platinum and Diamond Medallion members were eligible for complimentary upgrades to first class when traveling on awards. Under the new rules, Silver Medallion members will receive their complimentary upgrades once all higher-level Medallions have been cleared.
If you’re looking to boost your SkyMiles balance, consider signing up for one of Delta’s co-branded American Express business cards, which are both offering increased sign-up offers for a limited time. The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express is offering 50,000 SkyMiles after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening. Meanwhile, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express currently features a sign-up bonus of 70,000 SkyMiles and 10,000 MQMs after spending $4,000 within the first three months.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards