This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Fall is always a great time to find great flight deals. This afternoon, we’re in for a treat. American Airlines has put the Caribbean on sale from many cities across the US — including all the way from the West Coast. Fares start at just $250 round-trip, but prices are going to depend on your origin, destination and dates.
Airline: American Airlines
Route: SFO, SEA, DCA, EWR, CLE, ATL, DEN, DTW, IAH, MSP, CVG, SLC — UVF, AUA, SKB, PLS, NAS, ANU, PUL
Cost: $250+ round-trip in economy
Dates: Mostly October – December 2016, with some fares available as far out as June
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Seattle (SEA) to St Lucia (UVF) for $250 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to St Kitts (SKB) for $262 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Aruba (AUA) for $259 round-trip:
For American Airlines elites, remember that you can request an upgrade using 500-mile upgrades — or you’ll be eligible for a free upgrade if you’re an Executive Platinum member. If you’re flying transcontinental from the West Coast, check out your equipment options to see if you can get a lie-flat to make the long ride more comfortable. For West Coast-based Executive Platinum members, this is a great way to rack up a bunch of cheap Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) while likely traveling in first class.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of St. Lucia courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: The Flight Deal
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.