This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through October 31, 2016, you can earn bonus AAdvantage miles when you donate money to the Susan G. Komen Foundation in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As part of the Miles for the Cure effort, you’ll get 20 AAdvantage miles for each dollar you donate for a maximum of 600,000 miles ($30,000) in a 12-month period. Also note that there is a minimum donation of $25. Each mile is valued at 3 cents apiece, so your tax deduction may be limited. To donate and get bonus AAdvantage miles in return, go to the Susan G. Komen website and enter your AAdvantage information.
This isn’t the first time in recent months that flyers have had the chance to earn bonus miles from AA in return for charitable giving. Now through October 11, you can enter to win 250,000 miles when you share a travel tip with AA. For each travel tip, American will donate 250 miles to a charity of your choice. In all, these are both great ways for flyers to get involved in charitable giving — and in this case, to get potentially valuable miles in return.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.