9 Amazing Travel Accessories for Your New iPhone 7
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whether you’re enjoying the new iPhone 7 or waiting for it to arrive, a number of other accessories have released for it (along with a bunch that can be used by it and other phones and tablets). We’ve already shared about some of the best wireless headphones out there to connect your new phone too, but there are other accessories that can be useful with the device. From stylish solutions to those pesky cords to tools to enhance the sound experience, see accessories that can help you both while on to go or relaxing at home.
Grovemade’s Maple Wood iPhone Bumper
For a cool, unique twist on a regular new iPhone case, Grovemade has a line of all-wood constructions. With a minimalist design, the Maple Wood iPhone Bumper is handcrafted from domestic hardwoods. The cases also allow access to all connectors and ports, and include a laser-cut actuated power and volume button. ($59, www.grovemade.com)
Moment’s Superfish Lens
Exciting news for camera fans: Moment has just released its widest lens yet at 15 MM. Said to provide crisp edge-to-edge photos, this lens can help you capture images and videos in tight spaces or make landscapes look even bigger. The lenses attach to your phone via a mounting plate for your selected device or with one of Moment’s cases. While new plates and cases for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will be coming out later this fall (pre-ordering is available through the website), the Superfish lens is available now for older models. ($89, www.momentlens.co)
Griffin’s Survivor Power Bank Rugged Battery
This durable power bank can provide up to three full charges for smartphones (and around one full charge for tablets) with its 10,050 mAh capacity. It also has up to a 6.5′ drop protection to protect it from falls on hard surfaces like concrete, and is to resist water damage and dust particles. A self-sealing flap keeps the battery’s power ports and built-in LED emergency flashlight clean and dry at all times. ($59, www.griffintechnology.com)
Native Union’s Tag Cable
Cords can get pretty annoying, but thankfully there are a few options out there that can help. One of them is Native Union’s new Tag Cable, a luxurious little thing that can be cleverly disguised as a luggage tag. Handcrafted from fine Italian leather, the Tag Cable can loop around any bag strap or key holder for easy mobility. ($49, www.nativeunion.com)
This Is Ground’s Lupito Three-Pack
Known for crafting leather accessories especially for smartphones and tablets, some of This Is Ground’s best designs include stylish solutions for storing your iPhone’s charger cords. Handcrafted in Los Angeles, this three-pack of tanned and dowry leather Lupitos provides a handy holder for both power adapters and charging cables, so you’ll never misplace them again. ($24, www.thisisground.com)
Belkin’s PowerHouse Charge Dock for Apple Watch & iPhone
Seamlessly charge your Apple Watch and iPhone — whether you’re staying at home or on the go — thanks to this single-unit, space-saving dock. The PowerHouse Charge Doc features a magnetic charging module for the Apple Watch, as well as a built-in VersaCase Lightning connector so you can charge your iPhone. One of its best features: an adjustable dial that lowers and raises the connector so it can accommodate your device’s case. ($99, www.belkin.com)
If you’ll be making the move to wireless headphones, Apple’s upcoming AirPods, available in late-October, instantly set up and are ready to work with your iPhone 7, Apple Watch, iPad or Mac just by flipping open the lid of its innovative charging case. Its advanced sensors know when you’re listening, pause whenever you take them out and activate Siri with a double tap. With a custom-designed Apple W1 chip, you can listen for up to five hours after a single charge, while the case itself provides 24 hours of battery life. ($159, www.apple.com)
Ultimate Ears’ UE Roll 2
A compact Bluetooth speaker, the UE Roll 2 features the same quality sound that Ultimate Ears products are known for. The speaker, pictured at the top of the page, comes in several different colors and offers nine hours of battery life between charges. With a 100-foot mobile connection range, the waterproof device can be immersed in liquid for up to three feet for up to 30 minutes. It also sports an integrated bungee cord and comes with an inflatable life preserver that allows it to float in water. ($99, www.ultimateears.com)
Belkin’s Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar
Coming soon, as its website states, the latest version of Belkin’s RockStar cable lets you charge your phone while simultaneously using your headphones, all while supporting up to 48 kHz of 24-bit audio output. ($39, www.belkin.com)
Which of these products are you most excited about?
Featured image courtesy of Ultimate Ears.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.