This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Aeroplan just reached out to confirm that the promotion below is only available to targeted customers.
Air Canada’s Aeroplan program is offering you 1,000 bonus miles for completing a short online quiz. In order to get the miles, you must answer five short “Myth or Truth” questions about the Aeroplan program. Note that I purposefully answered one question incorrectly and was still offered the miles. Once all five questions have been answered, a screen will appear where you’ll enter your Aeroplan number.
It’s worth noting that it’s not clear exactly if everyone will get these points. After inputting my Aeroplan number, I got a message reading “Thank you. You have successfully registered for this promotion. Please note that some promotions are offered by invitation, so bonus miles for those promotions will be credited only if you have been invited to participate and have fully qualified for the offer.” Free Aeroplan miles offered through promotions like this often take a while to post to your account, so we may not know for a while.
While these 1,000 free Aeroplan miles may not be enough to get you a one-way or round-trip ticket to anywhere, they’re certainly valuable, especially when redeeming for Star Alliance partner flights. Based on TPG’s latest valuations, they’re worth $15 — nothing ground-breaking, but a nice boost for a minute or two of effort. To take the quiz to help work your way toward a redemption, visit Aeroplan’s website.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.