This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber’s offering riders a compelling promotion in Brooklyn for Labor Day weekend. All weekend — between Friday, September 2 at 8:00pm and Monday, September 5 at 11:59pm — riders can open their Uber app and select UberPool to get a flat $5 ride anywhere within the borough. Keep in mind that in order to be eligible, all rides must begin and end in Brooklyn, and you’ll be charged an additional $1 for an extra rider. While this offer is very specific, it could be a good deal for those planning a weekend in Brooklyn to go to the beach, Coney Island, check out the museums and more.
If you don’t already have an Uber account, you can sign up here to receive a free ride (up to $20) from TPG. Also keep in mind that you should sync a credit card with your Uber account that will earn you the greatest return on your ride, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x points per dollar on travel.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards