This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 11/17/16: Uber is now selling gift cards online in denominations ranging from $10 to $500.
One of the challenging parts about riding with Uber has always been that there wasn’t a simple way to “gift” rides to someone. You could request a ride from your account to pick someone else up, but that’s hardly a seamless process. Fortunately, starting today, you can purchase Uber gift cards up to $500 in value to give to anyone. If you don’t yet have an Uber account, you can sign up here to get your first ride for free (up to $20) from TPG.
As of this writing, you can only purchase the gift cards at select retailers (rolling out to more than 35,000 stores like Target, Walmart and CVS in the coming weeks), but you’ll soon be able to buy them online. Riders will enter the gift code on the back of the card into their app and the credit will automatically be applied to their account. If the total amount of the gift card isn’t used on one ride, the remaining balance will be applied to the next ride until the value runs out. Keep in mind that gift cards are currently available only in the US, and credits aren’t redeemable outside of the country.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards