This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cathay Pacific’s first class is continuously ranked as a top-tier product, but unfortunately, the carrier doesn’t plan on offering it on many of its newer aircraft. That said, there are still plenty of options to experience it on long-haul flights. And although it’s always nice to fly with a companion, especially on such a luxurious flight, sometimes we need to travel solo.
The starboard side of the Boeing 777-300ER (77W), as pictured above, is the best spot if you’re flying with a companion because you can see them as often as you want when turned toward each other. On the other hand, if you’re traveling alone, sitting on the port side will give you the most privacy because a wall separates the row from the center seats and those on the starboard side. Oftentimes, this cabin doesn’t get overly crowded or noisy, but having the certainty of not seeing anyone as you turn on your side is always a plus for privacy.
For a complete review of Cathay Pacific’s immaculate first-class service, check out TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig’s in-depth review.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards