This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit card
Alaska Airlines has been expanding aggressively at Newark, with new nonstop flights to the West Coast beginning later this fall. We want you to get in on the fun, so for this week’s Thursday Giveaway we’ll be giving away a $500 Alaska Airlines gift certificate for use on Alaska flights. There are still some deals to be had on the airline’s new routes, so you could potentially get two round-trip transcontinental tickets with your winnings.
You can earn even more free flights by signing up for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit card, which is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 within 90 days of account opening.
Enter to win no later than 11:59pm ET on Monday, September 19. To enter this giveaway, share a photo via Twitter (@thepointsguy) or Instagram (including @thepointsguy in the caption) of your ideal Alaska Airlines destination — be sure to include the hashtag #WinTPGAlaska in both your tweets and Instagram posts to be considered.
Good luck with this week’s giveaway!
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.