This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sometimes, you might be able to get a faster response by contacting a company on Twitter — that definitely isn’t the case with Amtrak. Yesterday, our nation’s rail operator responded to a tweet from a woman stuck in an Amtrak-operated elevator — seven months after she posted asking for help.
If you have an urgent travel-related request (or plea for help) — especially if Amtrak is involved — you should probably just pick up the phone.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards