This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
This week Norwegian Air shared its plans to fly from four US cities to Barcelona (BCN) starting in 2017. The airline also indicated that it will be expanding even more in the US soon.
What are your points and miles worth as of September? Find out in our monthly valuation of the top loyalty programs.
Several premium travel credit cards come with Priority Pass lounge memberships — here’s everything you need to know about this valuable perk.
Delta’s massive, 4-day outage from last month cost the airline about $100 million in revenue due to thousands of cancelled flights and recovery efforts.
In Other News…
Some Virgin Atlantic Passengers Will Soon Be Able to Watch Live TV on Flights
By the end of the year, all Virgin Atlantic 787 Dreamliners will be equipped with live TV capabilities, although passengers will only have three channels to choose from.
UberEats Expands to More US Cities
Hungry people in Las Vegas, Nashville and Tampa will now be able to order food through UberEats, a service that allows you to order food from participating restaurants and have it delivered to wherever you are.
Earn Bonus Starpoints for SPG Catering Purchases
Register to earn bonus Starpoints for catering services provided by participating SPG properties. With this promo, you’ll earn 2 Starpoints for every $3 spent on eligible catering services. Note that you must be a guest at the hotel at which you’re arranging catering services.
Cathay Pacific Will Fly Daily from Boston Starting in 2017
Since January 2016, Cathay Pacific has been flying 5 times weekly between Boston (BOS) and Hong Kong (HKG). In March 2017, however, the airline will increase frequency on the route to daily service.
Skyscanner Adds Flight Finder for Football Fans
Air travel search engine Flight Finder has added a feature for football fans just in time for the start of the 2016 – 2017 NFL season. You can enter your home airport and your favorite team and then the search engine will alert you to the best deals that correspond with your team’s schedule.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards