This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Swiss’ first-class product is one of the more exclusive in the world, as not everyone can purchase an award ticket to sit in the esteemed cabin — you have to be a Miles & More Senator in order to be eligible. In addition, revenue tickets also tend to be very pricey, but now there’s some pretty decent fares in the cabin from London (LHR) to North America via Zurich (ZRH).
As part of this deal, fares start around the $2,600 mark for a round-trip ticket from London to Montreal — and if you fly between now and early next year, you can score a round-trip flight in the first-class cabin on Swiss’ fantastic new 777-300ER. Note that these fares only appear to be valid from London to North America and not vice versa. The fares are valid for bookings through September 21, 2016, and outbound travel must be completed between November 22-29, 2016 and between February 10 and April 15, 2017. There’s a minimum stay of three days and a maximum stay of three months.
Here are a few examples of what you can book with this sale:
London (LHR) to Montreal (YUL) for £1,955 (~$2,626) round-trip in March:
London (LHR) to Chicago (ORD) for £2,101 (~$2,822 ) round-trip in February:
London (LHR) to New York (JFK) for £2,310 (~$3,102) round-trip in April:
While this might not seem like that big of a fare sale, as $2,626 is still a lot to put down for a flight, this is quite a steal for Swiss’ first-class product. Note that the London (LHR) to Seattle (SEA) via Zurich (ZRH) and Los Angeles (LAX) route is on Swiss’ new Boeing 777-300ER, which TPG contributor J.P. thought was amazing.
If you do decide to take advantage of these discounted fares, book with a card like the new Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will earn you 3x points on travel purchases. So, if you were to purchase the London to Montreal ticket, you’d earn about 7,878 Ultimate Rewards points — worth about $165 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards