This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Lovers of Lufthansa rejoice! This week, Lufthansa became the 18th airline to join the TSA PreCheck program. Lufthansa is the first European airline to join and — along with Etihad — is one of just two airlines based outside of North America to participate. The German-based Lufthansa successfully joined before Spirit and Frontier, both of which still seem to be limited by technical problems.
In case you’re wondering who’s in the club, here’s the full list of the 18 airlines participating in TSA PreCheck: Aeromexico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American Airlines, Cape Air, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa, OneJet, Seaborne Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin America and WestJet.
If you’re traveling on Lufthansa in the next few weeks, make sure to print your boarding pass at the airport. Boarding passes “from ticket agents or automated kiosks in the departure lobby” are eligible to receive TSA PreCheck benefits immediately. However, “home-printed and mobile boarding passes” won’t be available for a few weeks. Strange.
Although the TSApocalypse that happened back in May has been resolved, TSA PreCheck is still very valuable for getting through security quickly. In July, the TSA reports that just 3% of TSA PreCheck passengers experienced wait times of more than five minutes.
If you don’t have TSA PreCheck already, don’t shell out $85 to enroll. Instead, sign up for Global Entry — which includes TSA PreCheck — and charge the enrollment fee to a credit card that’ll reimburse the fee. In addition to the brand-new Chase Sapphire Reserve, The Platinum Card from American Express, Citi Prestige and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card also include this Global Entry enrollment fee reimbursement benefit. If you sign up before your next Lufthansa flight, you’ll get TSA PreCheck on the outbound and Global Entry once you return home!
H/T: One Mile At A Time
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
SIGN-UP BONUS: 50,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.